I have done this every month…except last month. I got “life” busy, I didn’t get my business worksheet done and off to my mentor, I didn’t get my goals written down and ya know what? The month of April has NOT been as successful as my first three months of the year.
“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.”Benjamin Franklin
Do you want to know why 3% of Harvard MBA graduates make ten times as much money as the other 97%?
In 1979, interviewers asked newly graduates of the Harvard MBA program about their goals for the future. The question was a simple one.
Have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?”
- 84% had no specific goals at all
- 13% had goals, but they were not written down on paper
- 3% had clear specific written goals and had plans to accomplish them
In 1989, the interviewers got back in touch with those same graduates of 1979 to see how they were doing.
- The 13% that had goals were earning an average of twice as much as the 84% who didn’t have any goals at all.
- But what is really amazing is that the 3% that had clear written goals were earning on average ten times as much as the other 97 percent put together.
(Sourced from the book, What They Don’t Teach You at Harvard Business School, by Mark McCormack)
I could make this longer, but I’ll just conclude with, do yourself, your family, and your business a favor, plan out your next month before the end of the current month. Spend some time to plan where you want to be a month, three months, six months, a year and even five years down the road.